Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Juvenile Authority

For some time I'd been meaning to add comments to Knatz.com about the juvenile nature displayed by authority in its common attention-getting tools: sirens, for example. I first started to write infantile, but that's not right; no, juvenile. Infants demand attention when they're hungry, when they're uncomfortable. Parents interpret the baby's crying or screaming to mean, "I'm hungry, feed me" or "I'm stinking, I'm wet: change me." Governments too make noises when they're hungry, when they're wet, when they're stinking; but the kind of attention-demand I'm thinking of is common to humans around the age of puberty. It says, and means, "Pay attention to Me, Me, Me!!!"

The cop's siren, the siren of the ambulance ... They all proclaim, "I am more important than you are." "What I'm doing has the right of way over anything you might be doing."

Nowhere in the courts are there hearings for an Einstein suing the ambulance for breaking his concentration when he was about to solve the biggest knot in the problem of unification theory. Jesus won't get to sue Caesar Augustus till after Judgment: by which point, Jesus won't need to sue Caesar Augustus.

Knatz.com got expunged; I'll put it here. Now,Pay attention to Me, Me, Me!!!But there's a difference: my caterwauling may seem to focus on "me"; but I have the double-purpose of trying to save you!
That you make sure I fail is not my fault: or even my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment